Friday, May 22, 2009

1st month's assignment

I have not been able to get any responses from those who have tweeted or posted regarding our school. I have had responses from those with whom I have shared information discovered from searching tweets and news postings. It is another useful way to gather information that is being sought and to stay alert to what others are saying on the Web about our institution. Definitely can be a nice supplement to surveys and other methods of gathering data from users on how to improve services and track usage.

I have noticed on some blogs and news sites, they offer a number of methods (including newer 2.0 ways) for informing others about the content of the blog/news article. Our library consortium is beginning to examine where we should go with regard to a new ILS and OPAC. I think having the capability to tweet, digg, email, or whatever about information found in the catalog as well as post comments is something that should be available to our library users. I can envision some professors (the more tech-savvy probably) using such features to inform their students of resources that may be essential for an upcoming paper or project. I guess we will have to stay tuned for these developments.

No comments: